Monday, July 4, 2011

I gotta say it!

Its been quite a while since I blogged.  I am having one of those days so I thought of listing all the things that upset me and hopefully they will not upset me so much.  If you agree with me, or have thoughts of your own, feel free to leave comments.  These are in no particular order, just things that have been bugging me.  Some things in life, you can't do anything about so some of these I live with, some I distance myself from and some I like to say something about.

Enjoy my rantings:

  • Hypocrites:  We are all guilty of hypocrisy from time to time, myself included.  I try to be perfect but fail obviously as no one is perfect.  However, I see so many two-faced people around me that sometimes I just want to say something.  They say something to me and pretend to be my friend but really they are not.  There are very few real friends in this world, so keep your loved ones close and forget about these two-facers.
  • People trying too hard to be something they're not.  You know you've met these type and with social media they seem to be on the rise.  You see them trying so very hard to fit into a group but they stand out like a sore thumb.  My motto, "be yourself".  If someone doesn't like you the way you are, they are not going to like you if you change to their 'type'.  Life is short, what a waste of time trying to be something you're not.
  • This brings me to "cliques".  Where do these groups come from?  They are a real social phenomenon. Who decides which person is in and which person is out.  Is it by color, race, fashion, religion.  Who gave them the power?  Guess what, you did.  You stop caring about them, they loose their power.  Plain and simple.
  • Abusive people.  We have all met them but we say nothing to them.  Not anymore for me.  I am sick of people using bad language and rude behavior.  I am going to speak out in public if I see it.  This is just not on.
  • People who take loans and never return them.  Been burnt many times and still burning.  These people think its their right to take a loan, object or money from you and just keep it.  This is someone else's money or thing you have, return it.  If you can't remember you borrowed it, ask the person if it is theirs.  If you don't, you know you're going to pay for it later.
  • Complainers.  We are all essentially complainers.  I complain to my husband from time to time.  But the ones I'm talking about are those who complain about every single thing.  The sun is out, its too hot, the sun is not out, its too dark, the food has too much salt or its too bland, the water is not cold enough or not room temperature.  Life is short, stop spending so much time complaining and get out there and live your life
  • People who are afraid to try new things.  When I joined college, I didn't know how I was going to do it with a family, assignments, exams, pickup, drop off from school etc etc.  But I managed somehow.  People often don't realize what they are capable of until they try.  So go out and try something new.  Do something with yourself, learn a new skill, read a new book, try a new technology, talk to a new person. 
  • One last thing...people who don't RSVP or return phone calls, sms or email.  I know you're busy but it only takes a few seconds to email.  I am busy too but I try my best to make sure I reply to all my emails and return all my calls.  I'm sorry if I ever ignored any of you, remind me or shout at me if you like.

That's all for today.  Now and get out there and go live!

No comments:

Post a Comment